Hart and Atkinson Earn Philadelphia Big 5 Player of the Week Honors
Men’s Player of the Week
The Philadelphia Big 5 honored Josh Hart (Sr., G) of Villanova as the Big 5 Men’s Player of the Week. Hart scored 26 points and grabbed nine rebounds in the Wildcats’ 92-79 win over St. John’s on Saturday. He averaged 21.5 points, 8.5 rebounds and 3.0 assists per game in a 2-0 week.
Men’s Honor Roll
- Jordan Price (Sr., G) averaged 21.0 points, 3.0 assists and 3.0 rebounds in two games for La Salle. Price led the Explorers to a home win over UMass on Feb. 1. He was 7-of-13 from the floor in that game.
- Darnell Foreman (Jr., G) was the only Penn player to reach double figures in both games this weekend. Foreman scored 11 points in a loss at Harvard and a team-high 15 points at Dartmouth. He also added four assists and four rebounds against the Big Green.
Women’s Player of the Week
- The Philadelphia Big 5 honored Tanaya Atkinson (Jr., G) of Temple as the Big 5 Women’s Player of the Week. Atkinson had 20 points, 10 rebounds and a career-high four assists against No. 1 UConn. She followed that up with 20 points and 10 boards against Tulane, a team receiving votes in the national polls. During the week, Atkinson shot 53.1 % from the field.
Women’s Honor Roll
- Amy Griffin (Jr., F) averaged 17.5 points, 7.5 rebounds, 3.0 assists and 2.0 steals for La Salle during the week. She had a double-double with 12 points and 10 rebounds in a win at Rhode Island on Wednesday. She followed that up by scoring 23 points against George Washington on Saturday.
- Michelle Nwokedi (Jr., F) helped Penn improve to 5-0 in the Ivy League by averaging a double-double over two games. Nwokedi recorded 14 points and nine rebounds, while adding two blocks and two steals in a win against Harvard. She posted nine points and 11 rebounds over 24 minutes in the 68-38 win over Dartmouth. Penn is now the only remaining undefeated team in the Ivy League.
- Amanda Fioravanti (Sr., F) led Saint Joseph’s to a 2-0 week by averaging 15.0 points, 5.0 rebounds and 2.0 assists per game. Fioravanti shot a scorching 75 percent from the floor during the week. She had arguably her best game of the season against Saint Louis on Sunday, as she poured in a career-high 21 points, while adding eight rebounds in a 66-63 win over the Billikens.
- Alex Louin (Jr., G) had good performances in a 1-1 week for Villanova. She had seven points and 10 rebounds in a three-point loss to Creighton. On Sunday against Providence, Louin scored 14 points and added nine rebounds in a 61-43 win over the Friars.